Acceptable Use Policy for ADSL Users
CTS services are provided to support
research, education and commercial applications. Use of the services is
deemed to be acceptable insofar as it promotes and does not impede the
use of those application. Facilities provided to a client by Cochrane
Telecom Services are for the exclusive use of the client and may not be
resold without the express written permission of CTS. The client is
cautioned that the nature of the client's traffic must adhere to the
policies of all networks over which the traffic flows.
In general, users of Cochrane Telecom Services:
1. will not seek to gain unauthorized access to resources of
2. will not disrupt the intended us of the internet;
3. will not waster resources (computer, line capacity,
4. will not destroy the integrity of computer-based
5. will not compromise the privacy of users.
1. It is NOT acceptable to use CTS services for purposes
which are illegal.
2. It is NOT acceptable to use CTS services to transmit
unsolicited commercial information (i.e. junk mail, advertising)
or material which is offensive to its
3. Information and resources accessible via Cochrane Telecom
Services are considered the property of the individuals
and organizations, which own
the right to those resources.
4. Access to these resources without permission of the owner
is not acceptable.
In co-operation with Cochrane Telecom Services, Ontera will hold
client's mail on the server for a period of three (3) months. After this
time period, this mail will be purged. Cochrane Telecom Services and
Ontera will not be responsible for deleted mail. Cochrane Telecom
Services, through Ontera, reserves the right to reduce mail and large
attachment if a client abuses mail storage space. The mail and
attachments removed by Ontera will not be recovered. To avoid exceeding
storage space, clients should save mail of their hard drives.
Cochrane Telecom Services can answer any specific questions or concerns
a client may have with respect to acceptable use of the network. Clients
who feel they are victims of unacceptable use should contact
Cochrane Telecom Services at 705-272-4232.